Nutrition for Your Brain – Part 1 – My Interview with Neil E. Levin

From: "Health Quest Podcast" <Steve@PROTECTED>
Date: February 14th 2018

Hello

I have just uploaded my latest interview

The science of nurturing your brain as you age.

Neil E. LevinBrain SupportI remember being told that a brain is fixed and there is very little one can do to influence brain health. Of course this was at a time when good nutrition was considered quackery and foolishness. The average diet would provide more than enough nutrition for your body, brain included. That type of thinking seems quaint by today’s standards. Even though we have come a long way in our thinking about brain health and how nutrition influences brain structure, function and resiliency, most people don’t know what to do promote optimal brain health.

In this interview, Neil E. Levin discusses the current state of science and some of the current recommendations about how to support brain health. We spend a bit of time on the nutritional recommendation for foods from some of the country’s best medical resources. What everybody seems to agree on is that high quality, high nutrition foods are the foundation for better brain health. A lot of people miss that simple truth, that it starts with good food. Neil also makes the point that lifestyle factors are also very important. So managing stress, getting enough sleep, regular exercise and using your brain are important lifestyle factors that you must consider.

Foods are Foundational
Neil notes that foods are now being recommended by sources such as WebMD and Harvard Health Watch as being important to preserve brain function. Before you embark on a supplement program for brain health, you should make sure you are eating nutritious foods and avoiding certain other classes of foods. If you pause to think about it, foods provide all of the compounds that make up our body. There are tens of thousands of compounds found in foods. Refined foods have little of their original nutritional value.

The average American diet gets most of its calories from refined foods like flour and sugar, refined oils that are mostly pro-inflammatory oils and mostly processed foods. They simply don’t provide enough of the good stuff and too much of the bad stuff. Neil gives us an overview of the types of recommendations by some of the credible sources.

To read more and listen to the interview CLICK HERE.

Health Quest Podcast is on iTunes. We have our own dedicated HealthQuestPodcast.com free app.

You can also listen by subscribing to Health Quest Podcast with any smart device podcast app.

Please recommend us to your friends, family and social networks.

Forward to a Friend

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

Health Quest Podcast Subscription List

Privacy Policy: