Nutritional Support for the Keto Diet

From: "Health Quest Podcast" <Steve@PROTECTED>
Date: January 23rd 2020

Hello

I have just uploaded my latest interview

The Keto Diet has nutritional gaps that need to be addressed.

Weight LossIn this interview Dr. Audrey Ross discusses the Keto diet. The Keto diet is very popular and many people are losing weight. It is similar to the Atkins diet and both are considered low-carbohydrate diets. When carbohydrates arerestricted from the diet then so are the macro and micro nutrients that are supplied by those foods.

There are some significant nutritional challenges for those following the Keto Diet. A strict Keto Diet is not recommended as a long term strategy because of potential negative health consequences. Of course every long term dietary model should have better health as one of the main goals. So in order to lose weight and maintain a good nutritional balance while on Keto requires that we identify the nutritional challenges. Dr. Ross does that for us in this interview.

Dr. Ross emphasizes the importance of quality foods and nutrients  avoiding poor quality protein and fats. Dr. Ross also stresses that low carbohydrate diets are low in necessary minerals and promote the loss of electrolytes which is why it’s important to consider nutritional supplements.

Exploring the Science

These are the results returned by Google Scholar in my recent search. This is an excellent resource for exploring the amount of science that exists. Use it whenever you want to see if something has been well-studied. Here are the search terms I used and the results and links.

This is a significant amount of scientific inquiry. The body of scientific research provides a strong foundation for confidence. The more we know the better choices we will make. Better choices lead to better outcome.

To read more and listen to the interview CLICK HERE.

You can also listen on iTunes and any podcast app.

Forward to a Friend

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

Health Quest Podcast Subscription List

Privacy Policy: