Understanding and Improving Your Acid/Alkaline Balance

From: "Health Quest Podcast" <Steve@PROTECTED>
Date: April 1st 2021

Hello

I have just uploaded my latest interview.

Living the Alkaline Way for Better Health

In this interview with Dr. Russell Jaffe, we will explore the importance of the acid/alkaline balance. Dr. Jaffe explains what this balance is and why it is critical for human health. We will explore the challenges of a body that is out of balance and more importantly how does one correct an imbalance. You will learn how you can maintain a better balance over your lifetime. This is one of the important biomarkers that you can manage yourself at home. Once you understand how to do this through diet and supplementation you will be able maintain the balance in the healthy range.

Maintaining an internal acid alkaline (pH) balance in the optimal range supports your bones and your body. Bones are the body’s “mineral storehouse”. Not only do bones provide strength, but they also house our mineral reserves and allow us to maintain optimum pH levels. Increasing the intake of alkalinizing minerals through an alkalinizing diet is the most fundamental and effective way to keep your pH within that all important health restoration zone (6.5 – 7.5). In addition, certain alkalinizing supplements like magnesium and choline citrate can help you achieve and maintain the healthful acid alkaline balance.

Health is a matter of balance. The cells of our bodies are always seeking a healthy balance to keep us alkaline. Even a small shift toward more acid is linked to a greater increase in disease and loss of cell resilience. When our bodies are in a more acidic state, they are weaker and more vulnerable to disease; our defenses and ability to repair from usual wear and tear are down. When our bodies are in a healthier, more alkaline state, they are more resilient and can resist and recover from illness more effectively.

CLICK image for larger view

Foods that we choose have a great impact on our health, as summed up by their effect on our acid and alkaline balance. When we consume a diet high in fat, processed foods, sugar, and protein—also known as the Standard American Diet (SAD) — our bodies become more acidic, and less resilient. This state is known as metabolic acidosis. On the other hand, when we enjoy a diet rich in greens, plants, fruits, vegetables, minerals, and antioxidants, our cells become more alkaline, and more resistant to everyday stress. Just a slight shift in either direction can have a dramatic impact on our health— for better or worse. Dr. Jaffe has provide a wonderful acid/alkaline food chart that you can use to understand which foods are acid producing and which foods are alkaline. Begin eating more alkaline foods and reduce acid forming foods.

7 Principles of Eating the Alkaline Way

Eating healthy is difficult to achieve for many Americans. With the food choices given to us, it’s paramount to stay focused on what’s important – your health! There are seven principles of eating “The Alkaline Way” to help you through your journey. Incorporate these principles to create and enjoy a delicious and healthy Alkaline Diet. All of this covered in greater detail by Dr. Jaffe. You can learn more by downloading The Alkaline Way.

  1. Eat 60-80% Alkaline-Forming Foods
  2. Eat a Wide Variety of Fresh, High-Quality, Whole Foods
  3. Eat Immune System Friendly Foods
  4. Eat 60-70% Plant-Based, Complex Carbs; 15-20% Protein; 15-20% Healthy Fat
  5. Include Probiotics and Fermented (Cultured) Foods and Drinks
  6. Eat Plenty of Fiber and Drink Plenty of Water
  7. Eat Healthier Food Combinations

The Alkaline Way is based on the most effective approaches to improve quality of life and sustain health and happiness. Since we are a product of what we eat, drink, think, and do, it is critical that we remember that optimal health and happiness come down to choice much more than to chance.

To read more and listen to the interview CLICK HERE.
You can also listen on iTunes and any podcast app.

Forward to a Friend

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

Health Quest Podcast Subscription List

Privacy Policy: