A Plant-based Vegan Alternative to Fish Oil

From: "Health Quest Podcast" <Steve@PROTECTED>
Date: May 6th 2021

Hello

I have just uploaded my latest interview.

Eight pure plant and seed oils provide essential omega-3 fatty acids (EFA).

In this interview Ross Pelton will discuss the nutritional importance of omega-3 fatty acids. “Humans literally must have Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) in order to live. That’s why they’re called “essential.” Since our bodies cannot manufacture EFAs, we need to acquire them from food or supplements.*

Because they support nutrient absorption and membrane integrity of all the body’s cells, EFAs influence the health and wellness of all major body systems and organs. Whole health benefits are achieved only by ingesting a balanced ratio of polyunsaturated, unsaturated, and monounsaturated EFAs—namely Omegas-3, 6 and 9 in a ratio of 4:1:1.*

These “good fats” do hundreds of crucial jobs, from promoting normal hormonal balance to supporting cardiovascular health. They also support cellular membrane integrity, which affects EVERY organ and tissue in the human body. They’re truly essential to a whole health regimen.*

The body requires EFAs to help:

  • Maintain healthy cholesterol levels already in the normal range*
  • Promote heart health and arterial integrity*
  • Maintain healthy mood, focus, mental clarity, and cognitive function*
  • Support the body’s normal, balanced inflammation response*
  • Support a balanced immune response*
  • Maintain bone and joint health*
  • Maintain healthy permeability of the intestinal lining*
  • Support dermal health*

Fish oil is the most common form of supplemental omega-3. I am a big fan of quality fish oil. However many people prefer plant-based or vegan alternative sources of omega-3. Plant oils are also rich in other nutrients not necessarily found in marine oils.

Dr. Ohhira's Essential Living Oils EFAs are derived from select Vegan oils and seeds.

  • Rice Bran
  • Sunflower
  • Borage Seed
  • Avocado
  • Perilla Seed
  • Flax Seed
  • Olive
  • Tea Seed

What is clear is that good health requires a proper balance between omega-3 and omega-6. Get an omega fatty acid blood test. A home test kit is available. Most people have hugely excessive levels of omega-6 and too little omega-3. Structure your diet to reduce omega-6 fats and increase omega-3. This is job 1 for regaining and maintaining health.

To read more and listen to the interview CLICK HERE.
You can also listen on iTunes and any podcast app.

Forward to a Friend

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

Health Quest Podcast Subscription List

Privacy Policy: