Is Your Supplement Real or Fake – How Can You Know?

From: "Health Quest Podcast" <Steve@PROTECTED>
Date: July 6th 2021

Hello

I have just uploaded my latest interview.

The simple answer is “Do Your Research”. Here’s how.

How much do you really know about the supplements you take and the companies that make them? In this interview with Gene Bruno, we will discuss the problems that can affect consumers and the solutions

All Supplements Are Regulated!!!

First and foremost, we must dispel the myth that supplements are not regulated. Since 1994, supplements have been regulated under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA). DSHEA is THE reason we have an explosion in nutritional research and the wonderful products that are now available. Both FDA and FTC have regulatory authority over supplements. It is not that lack of regulation but rather the lack of effective oversight and enforcement. It is this lack of enforcement that has emboldened those whose only motive is to profit from the demand of consumers.

This interview is for you if:

  • You are concerned and care about the quality of products in today’s market. There are good reasons to be skeptical and cautious.
  • You want to know how to find and vet quality manufacturers. You also want to know how to avoid the pitfalls of the the supplement marketplace.
  • You want to know what the current science says about nutritional supplements.
  • You would like more clarity and transparency from supplement companies.
  • You are interested in what is new and/or trending.
  • You may want to bring a product to market. How does one do that?

If you are a regular listener to HealthQuestPodcast.com, then you know I think these issues are important, even critical. It is a core and foundational principle that high quality, highly effective, scientifically and clinically studied supplements exist are are available. This is the good news. This is what gets us excited. We can have confidence to use these products with a reasonable expectation of benefit.

However, the supplement marketplace is challenged by the existence of low quality products. This is to put it kindly. Here are some of the issues that have a powerful and negative effect for manufacturers and consumers.

Here are some of the ways consumers are deceived:

  • Products are mislabeled.
  • Listed ingredients are missing or not the stated potency.
  • Products are adulterated with unlisted ingredients.
  • Products contain low potency and/or low quality ingredients.
  • Product has illegal medical claims.
  • Product is a knockoff or counterfeit.
  • Company is not GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) Certified.
  • Company is not transparent and you cannot contact them.

These are significant challenges for consumers. There are solutions if one takes the time to explore and understand the marketplace. If price is your most important concern, then the solution is to simply buy the cheapest product. However, when finding quality products you can trust, you must do at least a little digging. Like finding treasure, you will be rewarded for your efforts.

To read more and listen to the interview CLICK HERE.
You can also listen on iTunes and any podcast app.

Forward to a Friend

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

Health Quest Podcast Subscription List

Privacy Policy: